Thursday, March 16, 2023

Sincere Apologies from the Absentee

 Hey! 

I feel like I've been so busy with other things that I haven't been able to blog and that feeling is the worst. This weekend is super important since it's the 3 (or 4) days that I'll be filming and I really need to finalize my shot list so by the time I get Martina we can maximize our time. 

So far this is how the Shot List is looking:

Trailer 1: Genre 

  • focus on Trial and the actual hypnosis itself

  • Focus is on the beginning of the movie, or the first act.

Things to remember:

  • How to upload music into premiere

  • The lighting that I need for trailer 2

Plot:

  • Main character approaches the building cautiously.

  • Voiceover of a conversation with her friend plays over this entering sequence. 

  • “Maybe it could help me out with my general anxiety”

  • “Or maybe it won’t do anything”

  • “Look, it’s good money and I need it for med school, I don’t really get

  • what the big deal is.”

  • “Hypnotherapy is a powerful tool. You’re handing over control to someone else,

  • you do get that right””

  • “I really doubt it’ll do anything, you need to relax. I’ll be fine”





I am NOT an expert on this, it is 100% out of my comfort zone since I excel in creative direction and composition the most. Honestly to any other person this looks like a random jam of ideas (and it is) but I think once I clean it up today it'll look a LOT better to whoever reads it.

Ideas:

  • Flannel 

  • Messy Bun

  • Jeans

Shot List Idea 1:

  • Establishing shot of apartment complex or city (could be filmed at vista view,

  • or in aventura where we actually film)

  • (music thud as the building is shown)

  • Close up panning shot of her passing by the camera, Michael Bay reference shot 35-50mm)

  • Mid shot zooming as she walks into the elevator

  • Long shot of clock on wall with ticking effect

  • Diagonal angle Long shot of her walking towards elevator

  • Mid shot of the elevator closing in her face

  • Mid shot from behind of her walking out

  • *VOICE OVER ENDS*

  • Mid shot walking towards desk

  • Close up behind the desk, “Hi I’m checking in for _______. I saw it online and this was the address.”

  • Mid shot of her reaching towards glass

  • Close up of hand revealing no one is there

  • Mid shot looking around “What the’

Trailer 2: Character, After Effects of Hypnotherapy

Shot List Idea 2:

  • With strong light beaming at her face, she leans forward in the chair “Can-I-Can I talk now” Long shot

  • Mid shot “Please look at the light and read the card”

  • Mid shot, looking nervous and fidgeting into place “Oh, right, okay yeah.”

  • Nerve wracking close up “My name is_______ and I’m….(eyes skimming over the words on the card) 

  • and I’m  voluntarily entering Trial 143 for Hypnotherapy”, more of a firm voice at the end

  • Focus on eyes and lips

  • Close up of only face “Do I have to do that again”, looking around to the side

  • Cue the production logo and suspenseful music underlying

  • Cue voiceover of conversation with friend X

  •  “Hypnotherapy medical trial, offering up to 50,000. 50k are you kidding me? That’s enough to get started in school” 

  • Mid shot of Martina on my bed reading off of her computer.

  • “The fuck. Let me see that”

  • Shaky mid shot of Virginia walking over.

  • “Yeah, but have you read this ad? This basically says nothing (Pointing accusingly at screen).”

  • “It says 50k, and it has the address of the place. I can just check it out beforehand or something”

  • “Yeah, but do you even know the after effects of hypnotherapy” *VOICEOVER*

Switch to some sort of therapy room, music tenses up:

  • Quick establishing shot of patient and therapist set up

  • “I’ve been experiencing some strange dreams” Mid shot of Martina

  • Diagonal close up shot, Marina looking down nervously

  • Mid shot of therapist, silent but staring with blank expression

  • Close up shot of therapist writing down in notebook

MUSIC CRESCENDO 

“I feel like I’m seeing myself… everywhere. I know that sounds crazy but I’m not. It’s something about the

reflections everywhere. Things around me are just distorted. “I just feel like I’m losing my mind. But I’m not.

Have any other patients experienced this.. Have they? I’m not crazy am I?”

Trippy shots:

  • Laying in bed mid shots,

  • Close up of frown, rolling over/ turning around

  • Doppelganger staring through mirror or laying down

  • Whiplash back to original martina yelling startled in the bed

  • Quickly getting ready and shuddering

  • Putting on jacket to leave

  • Looking into bathroom mirror and seeing her reflection

  • Bathtub shot of her slipping

  • Mid shot of just her face almost asleep under water

  • Startled waking up

Settings: 

  • My room

  • Bathtub

  • Hannah's parents office

  • Therapist room??????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

click me to see trailers + netflix posters :) https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1y5fP9dQ0rVeF-4p-iad04SvSqlapSxFU?usp=sharing (just in ...